Saturday, December 8, 2007

Where Angels Stand

High above in the heavens
In a place of beauty
angels sing His praises
as they raise their silver wings

So close to their Creator
They are surely filled with light
I wish I could see them better
In this cloud covered night

But I feel so low
I’m a broken shell
so far from You
So close to Hell
How can I be like Your special ones?
Tell me please I want to want, oh. . .

Chorus - Where angels stand
where darkness fades
cannot compare to the glory of days
when you sing your song
though they suppress your voice
and where angels stand
they have no choice

Down below in this world
in a place of gravity
humans sing His praises
as they fall to their knees

So close to their Creator
They feel His Presence near
I can see their true devotion
as I wipe away a tear

and I feel so high I’m a whole soul
the song they sing is now my own
I can be like Your special ones
I chose now to truly want

Chorus

No comments: