Saturday, December 8, 2007

Daughter of G-d

She lives in a glorious palace
Servants meet her every need
And the ocean ripples for her
And music plays as she sleeps

And her Father, well, He adores her
Dresses her in gowns so fine
He says, “You’re my golden princess.
But you will forget in time.”

And she says . . .

No, Father, Father, I will not forget
Where I come from and who I am
I know I’m a princess, a daughter of G-d
I am cloaked in Your majesty
Your strength makes me go on

But as time passes, she grows weary
Of the splendor and the fame
The outer world is so appealing
All she wants to be is the same

And her Father, well, He adores her
So He lets her have her space
He says, “I will not desert you.”
As tears run down His face

And she said . . .

Chorus

And the Princess, she’s engulfed in pain
No one sees her inner beauty, all the see is her shame
And all she wants in the world is to see her father again
And as tears run down, He reaches for her hand

And she says . . .
No, Father, Father, I did not forget
You are always with me no matter how far I am
I know I’m a princess, a daughter of G-d
Though I threw off Your majesty,
I’m returning to Your arms

No comments: