Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tiger

I found religion on the back a cereal box
The flashy color slogan shouting at me
Saying I can be great
g-g-g-great
but I’m not so sure
I’m not a tiger

Chorus – & I’m losing clarity into stoicism
Appealing before the King
Asking to forgive my insanity, my insecurity
Fortune’s fear never leaves me
Tortured by myself
Tell m, oh tell me, I can be a Tiger

Tiger, let my strength come out in the wild, in the wild
Claw my soul and let my spirit shine
Tiger, where are you going?
I am trapped in the vines, I am trapped in the vines

I’ve made a shrine to all the deities
that make me lose myself
binding me to the tracks of desire
I always wanted to be a martyr
& I am offering my soul on a plate
to be dissected into dust
and the gods of holy waste
are all made of sainted rust

Chorus

On this holy day I open myself up
And kneel before You
And the blast of the horn calls me to its breath
Telling me I can be recreated as a Dreamer, as a Tiger, as a Tiger!

Tiger, letting my strength open
I’m not afraid of myself
I can be who I am
I’m a Tiger again, I’m a Tiger again

No comments: