Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Way I Am

Buried in the corners of my mind
pretending that I’m just fine
I sit - waiting for you to cross the line
Smile upon the face of a serene nut case
Yes, I’m stable but only for now

Inside I’m churning
Inside I’m yearning
Inside I’m burning - with fear
Outside I’m happy
Outside I’m living
Outside I’m drowning - in my tears

I could walk away and fall
I could stand tall and crawl
I could anything and nothing
I could lose my heart in love
and never touch
It’s just the way
just the way I am

You never know what I really am
I’m just little Marianne
I’m a person that I can’t stand
Blanketed by the guise of these faithful eyes
Yes, I’m stable but only for now

Chorus

Very soon you’ll see what I means to be me
Standing tall when the world knocks you off your feet
Loving him enough to keep your distance
and walking away from those harmful friends

You could .... just the way we all are .. inside

No comments: